Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: NEAT Visualizer  (Read 15509 times)

lolz123

• View Profile
Re: NEAT Visualizer
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2013, 04:01:03 am »
Yet another update (now at 2.1), and again to the reinforcement learning! I heavily modified the previous algorithm so that it "drifts" away from undesired outputs and is "slapped" into taking the correct drift direction (there are 2 directions). There are 2 new adjustable parameters as a result, alpha for the drift speed and slapFactor for the directional slap. I have tested this new learning rule with the NEAT evolved networks as well as plain feed forward neural networks and it is able to easily learn logic gates.
Have you heard about the new Cray super computer?  It’s so fast, it executes an infinite loop in 6 seconds.

lolz123

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 08:42:12 pm »
I posted an article describing how you can create your own AI similar to that of the NEAT Visualizer.
I know that I am not the best writer, but hopefully it is well written enough to follow  :P

Here it is for those interested:

http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/technical/artificial-intelligence/reinforcement-learning-for-games-r3271
Have you heard about the new Cray super computer?  It’s so fast, it executes an infinite loop in 6 seconds.

lolz123

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 08:52:27 am »
It has been a while, but I finally made a new version (3.0) of the NEAT algorithm and its associated visualization system.

I made this new version mostly since I need it for a new AI experiment I am working on  ::)

I have mostly just updated the code to use more modern C++.

Download link is in the original post.

I will probably eventually release a large AI library with various techniques I have come up over the years, but for now here is NEAT standalone.