Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: How to use SFML with Codelite?  (Read 3353 times)

con

• View Profile
How to use SFML with Codelite?
« on: May 20, 2013, 09:27:23 am »
I have started getting around SFML with Codelite, though Codeblocks is stable and more popular I somehow dislike it. Codelite on the other hand seems better, looks like more robust and slick.

I use Windows7 and Mingw.

However I wonder why I can't compile the tutorial application. In a similar fashion, have studied this tutorial to undestand how to setup a project, because a couple of months before I had used this game engine. http://softpixelengine.sourceforge.net/community/tutorial_codelite/tutorial_codelite.html

So in this case the correct values should be like this, for include path, linker path, libraries.
http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.0/start-cb.php

Here is the compile log as it seems in the IDE, is it correct or it should be something else?
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory `D:/Development/SFMLTest'
g++ -o ./Debug/SFMLTest @"SFMLTest.txt" -L. -LD:/Development/Libraries/SFML-2.0/lib  -lsfml-graphics -lsfml-system -lsfml-window
./Debug/main.o: In function `main':

P.S. I have mingw32-make and g++ in PATH and are accessible from Command Prompt.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: How to use SFML with Codelite?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 10:10:20 am »
In function `main':
Don't you feel like something is missing, like what error happens in function 'main'? :P
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

con

• View Profile
Re: How to use SFML with Codelite?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 03:08:38 pm »
It seems that everything was OK.

I tested the console compile and linkage and everything was fine, the only problem was that the libstdc++-6.dll was colliding with GTK# (used by Monodevelop) distribution and I had to remove it from PATH.

Nevermind, since I don't like Visual Studio and Mingw giving me headaches all the time I will switch to Linux for real development. Downloading Linux Mint...  8)