Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: animation library, spline, spring, keyframe tool  (Read 3663 times)

toglia

• View Profile
animation library, spline, spring, keyframe tool
« on: September 11, 2009, 07:48:18 pm »
Hi, I was wondering how do you guys do sprite animations? I want to start doing cool ui/sprite animations, with a keyframe system in which I can create custom interpolations, something like adobe flash. I imagine this is a need of many games, so which tools do you guys use to do this? Ive heard people doing custom tools with a xml file system accelerated with the gpu. What do you guys think?

toglia

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 10:35:02 pm »
bump  :P

Sigvatr

• MSN Messenger - msn@sigvatr.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SigvatrAIM
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sigvatr.com
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 11:03:32 pm »
In my game, which is 2d, I actually use 3d models which are always displayed from the same perspective, so you can't really tell they are 3d.

toglia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 11:23:23 pm »
Ok, but I was looking for something like the keyframe tool of flash.
Say you wanted to do a " you win" text animation, normally in almost every game I know a cool text comes in, in a very dynamic way, changing its scale, opacity and moving. In flash I would normally do a keyframe of a small invisible sprite off the screen, move it to the position I want, and tell flash how do I want to do the interpolation, linear, smooth etc...
I'm finding myself doing animations by code which is not the most artistic way. I know this maybe is not called sprite animation but I don't know how to call that.
Doing one text animation, doesn't look hard enough, but when trying to do complex stuff with lots of moving things a tool like this is almost mandatory, or not?