Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: K Station: An adventure game of disappearing lives  (Read 20035 times)

Ethan.Calabria

• View Profile
Re: K Station: An adventure game of disappearing lives
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2016, 03:41:14 am »
Hey congrats on the release!  The story sounds pretty cool! 

I haven't played much of this genre of games.  How flexible are the commands?  That's one thing that usually makes me hold back on these sorts of games (potential frustration from really specific commands).  Would 'Talk to Yan about Julia' and 'Ask Yan About Julia' both work?  Or if you just wrote 'Talk to Yan' would he bring up Julia on his own?  (just as examples)
----
Follow me on twitter: here

yparghi

• Maker of the adventure game K Station
    • View Profile
    • K Station
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2016, 05:42:57 pm »
I haven't played much of this genre of games.  How flexible are the commands?  That's one thing that usually makes me hold back on these sorts of games (potential frustration from really specific commands).  Would 'Talk to Yan about Julia' and 'Ask Yan About Julia' both work?  Or if you just wrote 'Talk to Yan' would he bring up Julia on his own?  (just as examples)

Hi, sorry for my delayed response. You're right about the frustration potential, so I've done what I can (though I know it's not perfect). All of the examples you give would work. Whether "talk to yan" would automatically bring up Julia depends whether the puzzle/story requires you to deliberately ask about Julia (to show you've got the right idea for how to advance), or whether the game wants to give you an indication of what the current puzzle is about...

Hope that makes sense.
K Station: An adventure game of disappearing lives | Out now on Steam! | Twitter @yashparghi

Ethan.Calabria

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2016, 01:45:33 am »
Yeah that makes sense!  I think as long as there are a few options and certain options remain consistently they players should be able to figure it out.
----
Follow me on twitter: here

anything