Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: .NET Interface  (Read 5268 times)

Jedimace1

• View Profile
    • Email
.NET Interface
« on: February 23, 2010, 07:59:07 pm »
Hello,

I'm trying to use SFML in C#, because I'm porting some C++ code over for a level editor. I have a few questions about what it can do before I follow that path.

1- Can SFML be rendered in a Windows Form control? I am setting up the UI and serialization stuff in C# now, but will it be as simple as dragging in a render window for SFML into the tab control I have set up, or could I render into the tab control or a panel?

2- Does SFML allow me to use OpenGL with SFML in C#? I've seen some things like the Tao Framework. Can I just use the OpenGL functions from Tao in the SFML control, like I would with normal SFML?

3- Can I just port my C++ library to a C# library and use my own interfaces based on SFML?

I want the editor to be WYSIWYG, so I need to find a way to get identical rendering and audio on both C++ and C# with minimal effort, which is one reason I chose SFML. Thanks,
-Jedimace1

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
.NET Interface
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 08:11:05 pm »
Yes to everything ;)

You'll find more details about integrating SFML in a Windows Form control in other topics of this forum.

For an example of OpenGL rendering, you can have a look at the OpenGL sample of the SDK.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Jedimace1

• View Profile
    • Email
.NET Interface
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 09:09:08 pm »
Sweet, that's all the stuff I needed. SFML is great, thanks.
-Jedimace1