Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Screenshot Thread  (Read 280772 times)

shadowmouse

• View Profile
Re: Screenshot Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2015, 05:07:20 pm »
Just a screenshot a for a tetris like game I'm making instead of doing GCSE revision. This is zoomed in so that I could check that everything is lined up, but the idea is that each tetrimino is made of four individual blocks that can attach/detach to things individually and have animations that show them doing so (12 sprites per block). When it's finished it will be like tetris but with pieces coming in from the sides towards the centre.

eggw

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2015, 12:11:35 am »
Here are a couple of screenshots from my current (and first real) project, developed with the ideas and input of a friend. It is a turn-based, military boardgame-style game set in the 18th century that uses modified NATO symbols to represent units. The terrain art is a placeholder and not ours, but will be redone from scratch eventually.

Current features include a wide variety of selectable nations and unique units, the ability to save (which allows for hotseat style multiplayer), working melee & ranged combat with rules, and randomly generated terrain (incomplete; needs some more terrain types and actual effects on units).

Oasiscircle

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2015, 10:01:23 pm »

RPG Strategy game that I've written games similar to in another language.
The game plays like Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine or Puyo Puyo if you've played either of those games.
First game written in SFML, but definitely not my first game ever written.  Majority of the pixel art is my own, a few things there are placeholders because I'm terrible at faces.

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2015, 09:22:52 am »
NICE! That looks crisp!

Oasiscircle

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2015, 03:13:50 am »
Thanks Tank, I'll hopefully be making an actual post about it in this forum once I get something that works a lot more than the current version does.

Ztormi

• Web developer by day. Game developer by night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2015, 11:00:55 pm »
I got really tired of texture transitions in grid based games so I tried out something completely different.
I render the original hexgrid with multiple render passes, each time I'm using different shader.

1. Render hexgrid to rendertexture, each color represents it's own terrain.
2. Render with shader that combines noisemap with current rendertarget to create irregularity. Each fragment I'm trying to find nearest "coastline" from area of N pixels. This way I can control that noise isn't rendered too far from coastline. Fragments with alpha 0 are water.
3. I blur the rendertarget so I can make smooth transitions between different textures.
4. I apply the textures, each texture has it's own basecolor. To determine transitions between 2 textures I compare fragment's color to each basecolor and select two whose color is closest to the fragment's color. I mix these 2 together and finally, since alpha channel represents water I know that fragments with alpha > 0 and < 1 are coastlines.

Most of the techniques can be found online it's just the matter of combining shaders this way.

Here's a pic of the process:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 11:03:55 pm by Ztormi »

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2015, 12:21:38 am »
Really cool idea, and the resulting island looks great! 8)

(The transition between the two land textures could be made a bit smoother, but I assume your point was to show the coastline :))
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

Ztormi

• Web developer by day. Game developer by night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2015, 07:43:59 pm »
(The transition between the two land textures could be made a bit smoother, but I assume your point was to show the coastline :))

Yeah I'll have to figure out something else for ground textures ( probably something including noise )

Fewes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2015, 09:11:12 am »
That transition effect looks really cool, awesome how it works without any extra work  ;D

After implementing depth values for sprites I've been experimenting some with a fake 3D perspective effect (and order-independent draw sorting):

Short video:
http://puu.sh/iehH5.webm

Still needs a bit of work but it's surprisingly stable for how simple it is  :) (just a scale and position offset based on the depth value)

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
AW: Screenshot Thread
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2015, 10:16:07 am »
Looks super nice! :)
Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————
Dev Blog: https://duerrenberger.dev/blog/

Mortal

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2015, 05:10:03 am »
here, Tic Tac Toe with some lights  :P
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 05:23:51 am by MORTAL »

Brax

• Wannabe C++ Game Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2015, 05:49:54 pm »
My simplistic shooter game. Pew pew pew... :P

Hapax

• My number of posts is shown in hexadecimal.
    • View Profile
    • Links
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2015, 03:12:07 pm »
Made a really simple platformer base.

Not sure if I'm going to continue with this. As usual, it was for fun and learning. Learning is fun!
I couldn't even decide if it should be kept as just a simple platformer so implemented ability to shoot anyway ;D

The most pleasing moment of this was adding the ability to draw the map on the fly (the faded red block to the right is the "tile brush" - on the mouse cursor.
Selba Ward -SFML drawables
Cheese Map -Drawable Layered Tile Map
Kairos -Timing Library
Grambol
 *Hapaxia Links*

willm127

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2015, 03:29:15 am »
Just wanted to share Erste and MGS V Clock and MGS V Countdown Timer. More on their project page: http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=18746.0.

piluve

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2015, 12:37:48 am »
Working on my engine using SFML :D really happy with the result!

I just made a few classes and objects to work with the API (loving it) I will keep adding more stuff!