Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Question about development process for game jam  (Read 12717 times)

Ricky

• View Profile
    • Tejada
    • Email
Question about development process for game jam
« on: May 14, 2015, 04:20:12 am »
Hi all, really looking forward to this upcoming game jam but I have a question about how the entries should be coded. The question is: is it legal to use game engines (you've made) based on sfml or extension libraries provided by the community (like LTBL, Thor, Tiled TMX Loader etc) in your game making process or is this a game jam of pure SFML without any extras?
Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I am God? but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee.

Lo-X

• View Profile
    • My personal website, with CV, portfolio and projects
Re: Question about development process for game jam
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 04:38:25 am »
As stated in the rules, you can use pretty much any library you want as long as it's not a direct "competitor" of SFML (like GLFW, SDL, Allegro, etc).
You can obviously use your handmade game engine.

Ricky

• View Profile
    • Tejada
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 05:07:16 am »
As stated in the rules, you can use pretty much any library you want as long as it's not a direct "competitor" of SFML (like GLFW, SDL, Allegro, etc).
You can obviously use your handmade game engine.

Ironically I did a search to see if anyone had asked this and didn't look the first place it would be. Thanks :D
Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I am God? but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee.

Lo-X

• View Profile
    • My personal website, with CV, portfolio and projects
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 11:07:13 am »
The rules will soon (tm) be on the sfml game jam website so it will be easier to refer to them when needed :)