Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFMLUploads.Org [OFFLINE]  (Read 53867 times)

easy

• MSN Messenger - easy82.contact@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
[RELEASED] SFMLUploads.Org
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2011, 04:56:18 pm »
Hi Haikarainen!

Thank you for this site, very nice work!
I've just registered.

I was looking for an option for uploading pictures, and it was a bit strange -though understandable - to find it at file uploads. :)

Cheers,
easy

Haikarainen

« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2011, 06:30:20 pm »
Quote from: "easy"
Hi Haikarainen!

Thank you for this site, very nice work!
I've just registered.

I was looking for an option for uploading pictures, and it was a bit strange -though understandable - to find it at file uploads. :)

Cheers,
easy

Thanks, glad to see its appreciated :) Dont hesitate if you have any ideas you'd like me to implement!

hagel

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2011, 11:39:49 am »
I like the idea of it but really, why is there no way to browse uploads?

easy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2011, 12:36:43 pm »
Dont hesitate if you have any ideas you'd like me to implement

I've got some ideas:
- It'd be nice to select all the contents of an URL-box when clicking into it, or to have a button nearby "Copy to clipboard".
- Standard-sized thumbnails of the uploaded images, and links to these thumbnails. When clicking on such a link in a forum, it would load up SFMLUploads and show the thumbnail first, and clicking on the thumbnail would show the larger image. The URL could be ".../user/thumb_test.jpg" and the picture URL: ".../user/test.jpg".
- When you share some code, there's a text like "Copy code here..." which should be cleared when I click into the editbox.
- Mulitiple uploads of images and files! That would be great!
- And as I've stated before, it was strange for me to see no button on the right side to upload screenshots. Since they're treated differently anyway, I think it'd be nice to have such a button. What do others think?

I'm curious that what are the statistics so far? Are people actually using this site? Because I really like both the idea, and the site itself! Good job :D

Haikarainen

« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2011, 03:15:11 pm »
Quote from: "hagel"
I like the idea of it but really, why is there no way to browse uploads?

It's not meant to be a gallery, but merely a fileserver provider.

- It'd be nice to select all the contents of an URL-box when clicking into it, or to have a button nearby "Copy to clipboard".

+1 - Will be implemented

- Standard-sized thumbnails of the uploaded images, and links to these thumbnails. When clicking on such a link in a forum, it would load up SFMLUploads and show the thumbnail first, and clicking on the thumbnail would show the larger image. The URL could be ".../user/thumb_test.jpg" and the picture URL: ".../user/test.jpg".

Kinda like how it is when browsing your own images? Except you post a thumbnail wich links to the bigger thumbnail and description, wich then links to the full image? Sounds really good actually. Will look that up.

- When you share some code, there's a text like "Copy code here..." which should be cleared when I click into the editbox.

Yes, yes. There is a lot of small things that bug me with the codeuploading actually. Will also implement a popout-button for codes that extend the width of the container.

- Mulitiple uploads of images and files! That would be great!

If you donate ;)

I'm curious that what are the statistics so far? Are people actually using this site? Because I really like both the idea, and the site itself! Good job :D

They are slowly but steadily increasing :)

Current stats:

86 users.
3 pending users. (Registered but not activated)

81 pictures from 22 unique users.

40 fileuploads from 18 unique users.

62 codes from 12 unique users.

11 versions of altered code from 11 unique original codes and 7 unique users.

Alejandro

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2011, 04:15:45 pm »
Skimmed the thread and would like to point out some things that I would like to see (if possible):

1. Delete button for uploads - sometimes we might have to upload stuff extensively and things that aren't used should not occupy space on the server.

2. Update button for uploads - upload a new file and delete the old one (so that the link for the file stays the same, but this way you can get the updated content from the same link)

Haikarainen

« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2011, 04:32:49 pm »
Quote from: "Alejandro"
Skimmed the thread and would like to point out some things that I would like to see (if possible):

1. Delete button for uploads - sometimes we might have to upload stuff extensively and things that aren't used should not occupy space on the server.

Yes, this feature is planned since the very beginning, its just me who is pretty lazy :P

2. Update button for uploads - upload a new file and delete the old one (so that the link for the file stays the same, but this way you can get the updated content from the same link)

Interesting, i will think about this one.

easy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2011, 11:41:44 am »
Quote from: "Haikarainen"
+1 - Will be implemented

Cool! Thanks!

Kinda like how it is when browsing your own images? Except you post a thumbnail wich links to the bigger thumbnail and description, wich then links to the full image? Sounds really good actually. Will look that up.

Absolutely. I've seen this solution on other file sharing sites. The aim would be to reduce the image size on forums: if someone is interested, he clicks on the thumbnail, and gets redirected to SFMLUploads, where he can see the big picture.

If you donate

My partner and I have started a company, and when everything goes all right, I'll certainly be able to donate. I guess you need it to move SFMLUploads to a paid host service. I've got plans with SFML anyway.

Current stats:

It looks all right! I wonder how long this home-server solution will be enough, though.

1. Delete button for uploads

+1 for this!

easy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2011, 11:47:05 am »
It just came to my mind: is there a limit now about how much data (code + screenshots + files) can be uploaded overall per person? Because if there will be a "Delete" button, there should be a limit, too. This way, one should clean up his directory from time to time. Or hey, here goes the buisness, one could increase the storage room with X megs if he pays X dollars on paypal.

Haikarainen

« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2011, 04:14:49 pm »
It just came to my mind: is there a limit now about how much data (code + screenshots + files) can be uploaded overall per person? Because if there will be a "Delete" button, there should be a limit, too. This way, one should clean up his directory from time to time. Or hey, here goes the buisness, one could increase the storage room with X megs if he pays X dollars on paypal.

No, never!

SFMLUploads will stay a free service no matter what. And no there is no max limit, except for individual file sizes. As long as people dont abuse the service i see no reason to limit it  etc.

Groogy

• MSN Messenger - groogy@groogy.se
    • View Profile
    • http://www.groogy.se
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2011, 04:19:56 pm »
You can implement a warn and ban system to punish people who abuses the site. You might not always be aware that you are abusing it.
Developer and Maker of rbSFML and Programmer at Paradox Development Studio

easy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2011, 10:11:45 pm »
As long as people dont abuse the service i see no reason to limit it  etc.

How about: limited disc space? :lol:

If everybody can upload, and the files stay where they are for good, then once you'll be out of free space.

Haikarainen

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2011, 09:12:03 am »
Both seem nice, wont implement any of them until i feel they are neccessary. I check phpmyadmin regurarly to check sitegrowth etc, so i should know when to implement such stuff ;P

Haikarainen

« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2011, 09:26:44 am »
You can now delete files and pictures! But beware, I haven't implemented a "Are you sure?" yet, so be cautious on what you click. The link is displayed in red until that is fixed. Also you cant delete code yet.

easy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2011, 11:19:10 am »
Nice! Thanks Haikarainen! I'm gonna try this out now.

Edit: Deleting works all right! Nice work! :D

I've found a minor CSS bug:

The borders of the thumbnails are misplaced.
I just wanted to let you know.

anything