Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Theme suggestions now open!  (Read 23631 times)

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
Re: Theme suggestions now open!
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2014, 05:14:07 pm »
Stop using full quotes!! >:(

I can help later with design-related things, but I am not core coder, mainly designer
So I guess you actually wouldn't have been able to create the SFML Game Jam website from the ground in two weeks then...
Well you can give suggests on the IRC channel or on Twitter (not here since this is not the right thread), but be aware that with the show you just gave in the past few posts, it will need a lot of effort from your side to even remotely convince me to follow any of your suggestions.
Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————
Dev Blog: https://duerrenberger.dev/blog/

Grimshaw

• Nephilim SDK
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2014, 05:58:20 pm »
Yeah, let's complain about meta-tags to pretend we know what we're talking about.. Let's discuss buzzwords and trends rather than actually look at the page and improve what needs to be improved..

Btw, the page looks fine to me and fulfills its purpose.. Functionality-wise I have no idea since I didn't use it.. Guys you did a nice job so far, keep on it and ignore the pros and I'm sure you will have it perfect until the next jam. :)

Deathbeam

• VB6, VB.NET, C#, HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript nerd.
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2014, 06:09:24 pm »
Stop using full quotes!! >:(

I can help later with design-related things, but I am not core coder, mainly designer
So I guess you actually wouldn't have been able to create the SFML Game Jam website from the ground in two weeks then...
Well you can give suggests on the IRC channel or on Twitter (not here since this is not the right thread), but be aware that with the show you just gave in the past few posts, it will need a lot of effort from your side to even remotely convince me to follow any of your suggestions.
Ye, I will. And I know that I am not best at making a first impression :D (Sorry for my english, I am not native english speaker).
Spooker Framework - Open source gaming library
My portfolio
Indie Armory - Small community of a game developers. Everyone is welcome. Bring your friends, family, pets...

Hapax

• My number of posts is shown in hexadecimal.
    • View Profile
    • Links
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2014, 07:39:35 pm »
Since you would like constructive criticism on the site design, I would suggest you reconsider having forced whitespace on the sides of the page; it makes no sense and involves scrollbars far too soon.

The site itself is very plain but seems to function fine from what I've seen so, apart from the width of the page, I see no real reason to mess with it unless you have an awesome idea :)
Selba Ward -SFML drawables
Cheese Map -Drawable Layered Tile Map
Kairos -Timing Library
Grambol
 *Hapaxia Links*

Jebbs

• DSFML Developer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2014, 03:02:50 am »
    Quote from: zsbzsb
    Quote from: Deathbeam
    And is that sfmlgamejam site code even working? Becouse from what I browsed, it is real mess lol.

Nope that isn't working at all, as I said, you get two weeks maximum to build a site from scratch (raw PHP and HTML/CSS) that is workable.

For example, using <center> and <br> design-wise is deprecated, font is not good, too much padding on content (not matching header size) also too much of <ul>. And also, many common things what should be in <header> are simply not there. And. no language specified in main <html> tag. That are just few things what I noticed when I pressed View source code on SFML Game Jam site index.

<center> isn't used anywhere.......... <br> is valid HTML5 and works fine for adding space between text. Doctype has already been fixed, just not uploaded yet.[/list]
    https://github.com/Jebbs/sfmlgamejam/blob/master/header.php <center>
    And you ignored that you have missing all properties in header such like content, author and such.

So yeah. Just wanted to point out that the code of the original site was all done by me, who has basically zero experience with any web development practices. I was trying to learn while making the site, but I just didn't have the time. That is why the stuff on MY github account looks so god awful.

All of zsbzsb's code is functional and works as intended. :P

And I really like the site's design. Especially since he kicked it out in such a short amount of time like a rockstar.
    DSFML - SFML for the D Programming Language.

anything